Sunday, June 15, 2008

We are what we Eat...

We are what we eat, therefore, I am sweet, salty, junky, and full of carbonation and caffeine. I have been studying different childhood diseases and ailments for the past couple of weeks. They can all be treated with herbal remedies, but the bottom line is that most diseases are caused by a poor diet and poor nutrition.
The main premise is that we should follow the Word of Wisdom. We usually concentrate on the "thou shalt not's" in the Word of Wisdom. The great health blessing come from living the "do's" in the Word of Wisdom. Wholesome grains, meat sparingly, the bounty of the earth in fruits and vegetables in season. I have been struggling with this in my mind and I have finally decided that I need to change the way I eat. This will be a HUGE challenge for me. If you cut me I am sure I would bleed sugar and ooze fat and carbs. Soon I will be doing a 3 day cleanse of the body and starting on a new way of eating. It will take time to get used to. I already have tried to reduce sugar. Oh, how the body craves! My next post will be about the three day cleanse. If you want to do it, get ready. I think it will be in the next couple of weeks. Until then, remember, you are what you eat!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mom! I am so proud of you! I know that this will be hard but if you ever need encouragement let me know! You are amazing and an example, I don't think I have the discipline (yet!)

Katie said...

We really are what we eat! I love the word of wisdom. And I love this new site of yours. I'm excited to keep reading about what you're learning.