Thursday, October 16, 2008

Pregnancy and the Flu

Well, after we get the kitchen paid for (see my other blog for details) I will be signing up for the Master Herbalist program. It takes about 3 years and is pretty intense. I have sort of put this on hold while the school year has begun, but I think I will be ready to start after Thanksgiving. I always get the pre-school jitters before starting new classes. You would think I wouldn't feel that way anymore, especially when I get to study exactly what I want (aka not taking hard math classes). I will have to take anatomy though. Katie, do you have time to help me with that?
Latest herbal updates. Kim had a friend who miscarried her first baby. That is so hard. There is an herb that will prevent miscarriage as long as the fetus is healthy. It is a combination of False Unicorn and Lobelia. Anyone who is pregnant and worrying about miscarriage should have it on hand.
Most illness is caused by our poor eating habits producing and environment where germs and bacteria are fond of living, so eat healthy and make sure your bowels are moving several times a day to prevent illness. I would advise you to skip the flu vaccine or mist. I can give you more info if you want. The vaccine is sort of a miss or possibly a hit on what type of flu will actually be circulation and the ingredients of the vaccine include formaldehyde and other harmful chemicals. It would be better to eat healthy and fight the flu naturally rather than take the yucky stuff into the body.
I am still taking questions by post or e-mail. Let me know what I can do to help you all be healthier and happier.

5 comments:

The Betitas said...

Have you heard of himalayan crystal salt? if so what do you think about it? i've heard its good.

Katie said...

So, I will try to help you with anatomy. Physiology is harder. :)

Do you know much about apple cider vinegar?

Katie said...

Oh - and it is my dream to someday be a Master Herbalist! After nursing school. And after Dietetics, too. Someday .....

The Betitas said...

I have used lobelia before and whew, it makes me loopy! i mean, i love it but i have to make sure i don't have to be doing anything that requires competence and not driving anywhere. Does it have the same effect on you?

Misty said...

I have studied herbs quite a bit and believe in them whole heartedly. I have some great books on them too Have you gone to Dave's before? I am a big believer in alkaline water as well. Disease cannot live without acid present. I use herbs before deliver that helps with staying in labor and bringing in good, healthy milk. Our bodies have the innate ability to heal themselves given the right tools when out of alignment.